Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sneak-a-Date

Have you ever been invited to an activity by a guy to hang out with his friends to find out that by his friends really means just you?  That's what I like to call a sneak-a-date.  I feel as if I've had my fair share of sneak-a-dates.  I've probably had more sneak-a-dates than actual dates in my life.  In my opinion they are awkward.   Granted, my sneak-a-dates have yet to be with a guy that I've actually been interested in, because life doesn't work that way.  I may have different feelings if that were the case towards sneak-a-dates.

I feel like it's the guy taking the easy way out.  Be honest, just ask a girl out.  Don't let her think she's hanging out with a group of people to only find out that "group of people" is the two of you.  Sure it gets you one date, but odds aren't in your favor for date number two.  It makes me very suspicious of group hang outs.  If the tables were turned and I did that to a guy, I'm pretty sure he'd find me creepy.  Let's put an end to sneak-a-dates. If you want to ask a girl out, do it.  And if she tells you no, then it saves you your time and money.  It's a win win situation here.

And yes, last night I went on a sneak-a-date to watch fireworks with someone from my apartment complex.  Nice guy, but I'm not interested.  The group of friends turned out to be just the two of us.  Not quite what I pictured when I agreed to go.  Secretly I may have wished someone was going to be in attendance, but life doesn't work out that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment