Friday, July 29, 2011

Fat Jeans

Now let me preface this post by saying that I know I'm not fat.  Two years ago I weighed 138 pounds, and I was invited to a high school friend's wedding.  I didn't have a job or a boyfriend so I was determined to be skinny.  The wedding rolled around and I weighed in at 111 pounds.  I'm just under 5'4'' so it was small almost too small.  111 pounds is not a maintainable weight for anyone.  I went from a size 6 to a 0.  I got rid of all my size 6's and bought my not very there ass size 0 jeans.  I now have a job, and my body has gotten used to exercise.  I typically run 2-4 miles a day, but I don't watch what I eat.  I have a big time sweet tooth.  Thus I've slowly started gaining wait back.  12 more pounds to be exact.

It's summer so I've been avoiding wearing jeans.  We've had jeans week at work yet I choose to dress up.  Summer is great for wearing light weight dresses to the office.  Light weight dresses that are flowy and don't involve zippers and buttoning at my waist.  Yes it is hot, but the real reason I haven't worn my jeans is that I'm terrified they won't zip.  I have two pairs of jeans.  I did finally give in tonight and try on a pair.  Amazingly they zipped, but I sure didn't like what I saw.  They were dunlap jeans.  That's right, my stomach had done lapped over those jeans.

So as I see it I have two options.  One kid myself that I'm still a size 0 and wear the same jeans that I've been wearing and hope that I can control my eating and lost 5-7 pounds.  The problem with this is that I'm going to look like a girl trying to squeeze herself into too small of pants.  Besides let's be honest....too tight jeans are miserable.  I also remember a girl from high school that was several years older than me.  She for sure bought the wrong size clothes, and it showed.  I think she would have actually looked smaller had she bought clothes she could fit into which leads me to my second option:

Buy jeans a bigger size.  It won't kill me, I know.  A part of me thinks it's just the start of letting myself get back to my old weight again.  I have a very good guy friend that tells me all the time that I'm being ridiculous when it comes to my weight.  He's right.  I really am.  A size 2 isn't fat, and in the long run I will look much better in jeans that fit than my current "dunlap" jeans.  At this point, I'm going to wait it out.  It's been 95 degrees or higher for weeks now, and there aren't any signs of things cooling down.  Until then it's dresses, skirts, and some shorts.  I'll revisit this issue once temps drop.  If that ever happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment