Tuesday, November 29, 2011

O Christmas Tree......

Last night I decided to put up my Christmas tree.  I'm going to be at Baseball Winter meetings next week, so I wanted to make sure it was up before then.  I have a great fake Christmas tree thanks to my mom.  It's a tall skinny tree that my apartment has the perfect corner for.

First I opened the box and I found the stand.  In pieces.
I had to google to figure out how to put this thing together.  I began regretting putting up my tree.  Finally I figured it out and inserted the bottom piece and began putting lights on it.  I was frustrated because it wouldn't stand up straight despite me using a wrench to tighten the screws and shoving a magazine under the stand to make it stead and straight.

After putting all the lights, I decided to try the middle piece to see if it would help steady the tree.  This is when I realize that my bottom piece currently in my stand was actually the middle piece.  Several expletives later and having serious issues getting the tree out of the stand, I actually put the correct bottom piece in the stand.   I then have to put lights on the bottom piece, and surprisingly the tree stands straight!  I added the second piece.

Then it came time for the top.  I add it and the lights and tada! the tree was up.  I was sweating tired and sore.
So I decided to put off ornaments and ribbon until Tonight.  It's not my prettiest tree, but it's up.  It's in a corner, so I totally have zero ornaments on the back side....


So let the Christmas season being.  I've even ordered my first gift.   (yes, ordered...No crazy crowds on Black Friday for me).

I do question a bit about Christmas.  It's an amazing time of the year with lights, trees, and family.  I do wonder what it's like to be a parent now having to put up the tree.  I'm telling you.....this tree business is no easy ordeal.  Here's finding a new tree on sale at the end of the season for next year......

No comments:

Post a Comment