Wednesday, January 11, 2012

In the land of cotton

My boyfriend informed me a couple of weeks ago that he had business to do with Walmart and was going to come in for the weekend after he was finished.  I was super excited.  This meant he'd be here to watch the Razorbacks play in the Cotton Bowl.  I'm slowly turning Scott into a Razorback.

Thursday night he arrived and decided that we needed to go to Fayetteville to get long sleeve razorback shirts to wear on Friday at my apartment during the game.  I thought it was weird, but we went and had a nice night getting shirts and having dinner at Noodles.

The next morning, my alarm went off and I got out of bed to start my hair and make up so I could go to work.  Scott was sweet and offered to get me my cereal to save time.  When I walked out of the bathroom, I noticed my measuring cup of cereal was still empty.  I turned and looked in the living room and I noticed cotton balls all over the floor.

I asked "Babe, why are there cotton balls all over the floor?"  I was so confused.  I couldn't decide if he thought it was funny alternative to rose petals to be romantic or what.  I then looked to see that the cotton balls were on my couch with....
Tickets to the Cotton Bowl!!!  And not just any tickets, amazing tickets!!  Scott had cleared it with my boss for me to have the day off.  I have never been so surprised.  Scott has apparently had these tickets since they went on sale and I had no clue!  After freaking out for a few moments, I packed up a bag, and we headed down to Dallas, TX.

5 hours later we arrived to Jerry's World.
It's truly an amazing stadium.  It was my first time there, and my first time ever to a Razorback bowl game.
As you can tell, we were so excited!

View from our amazing seats!

Scott was wearing a Razorback shirt despite the fact it looks like he's not participating in the awesomeness of Razorback apparel.

To top it all off, the hogs were Cotton Bowl champions!  

It was such a great trip.  I ran into my freshmen year roommate by complete luck, I got to talk to my brother, and I even got to talk to a friend I studied abroad with.  My family doesn't do surprises, so this is by far the best surprise I've ever had.  I'm sad football season is over, but I'm quite looking forward to turning Scott into a full fledged Razorback fan.  Woo Pig Sooie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment